The Disability Inclusion team is offering this FREE training session via Microsoft Teams for practitioners in Cardiff.
This session is designed to upskill practitioners to ensure that they can successfully support learners with healthcare needs during the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Participants will require knowledge and understanding of:
- Relevant legislation pertaining to administering medication and local authority procedures
- What you can and can’t do in relation to medical procedures
- Systems that need to be in place in order to ensure that medications are handled safely in the setting environment.
- How to mitigate risks when supporting learners with Healthcare needs
- The relevant PPE required when carrying out tasks
- The appropriate cleaning procedures of equipment and the environment
- How to support learners whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines
- Which staff will be able to support learners with medical needs
Any practitioner/professional working with children/young people with healthcare needs in schools and early years settings