WellComm is a complete speech and language toolkit that offers a screening and intervention tool for children in the Early Years. The Early Years Inclusion Team are offering training on how to deliver the screening, interpret the results and provide children with appropriate activities that will target areas for development. The comprehensive WellComm Toolkit contains: The Screening Tool:
- The Handbook
- The Little Book of Score Sheets and Rules
- The Picture Book
- The Big Book of Ideas
- The Big Book of Ideas provides practitioners with over 150 bespoke intervention activities to meet individual needs as identified through the screening process.
- The activities are designed to be fun, engaging and appropriate for use with both individual children and groups across the entire age range.
- They also provide a helpful guide for parents to support their child’s development at home.
- The activities have step up and step down options.
If you would like us to purchase a copy for you at an extra cost, please contact Kirsty.Gamlin@cardiff.gov.uk
- Please bring your own copy of the WellComm Toolkit for this training.
Following the training you will:
· Gain a knowledge of the areas of difficulties that children experience with language development. · Feel confident when screening children using the WellComm Toolkit. · Feel confident when interpreting the results of the screening. · Recognise when there is a need to make a referral to Specialist Education and Health services. · Feel confident when planning activities for children with language delays. · Track progress of pupils following a rescreen.
Schools outside the Cardiff Authority - If you would like to enquire about this course, please contact CKeeganSmith@cardiff.gov.uk
Foundation Phase Practitioners.